Friday, November 11, 2011

Blast to the Past.

So I know I’ve been pretty lax on posts lately; I haven’t felt much urge to draw this week. But do I have a treat for you! A post from my whiney college-days XANGA blog I randomly found on the Interwebs! You could call it a very rudimentary prototype of the SusanDraws blog you know and love today :)

Now let us all time travel back six years, into the mind of fresh-faced 20-year-old Susan, into the life of college-student Susan during her study abroad year in Korea:

Saturday, 29 October 2005

yesterday night after chapel service i arrived at our villa complex-thingy at around 11:30pm. the door leading into the basement parking garage was closed so i had to walk around to the front gates where the sad excuse of a security system had me punch in numbers to unlock the door. (secret: the door's password is only the whole vertical line of center numbers in any order, if you had half a brain you could tell this by the fact that the white print of these numbers had been clear rubbed off the buttons by use.)

proceeding into the building i saw that a lady was just getting into the elevator so i bid her wait for me and ran in with her. so started the awkward elevator journey to the fourth floor.

blast it all, that 10 second exertion of energy had taken my breath away and i found that my already normal heavy breathing had turned into this shoulder heaving gasp and gulping of air that sounded not unlike an obese person having an athsma attack.

i was well aware that my heavy breathings sounds were reverberating and echoeing around the drasted metal box that was lugging us too slowly up the innards of the building and i tried everything to remain as far from her as possible for fear that she wouldn't mistake me for a pervert or a wierdo.



after the third floor i concluded that i'd probably already been labled as both but i thanked God that atleast i was female and not a man who would have REALLY been misunderstood as a pervert.

on the fourth floor she politely bid me goodnight before leaving and i was left alone in the elevator, suddenly free to breath as disgustingly as i wanted.

2 comments:

Show me some LOVE~ <3