Monday, September 20, 2010

Young Me 1


In 1993, all moms the world over must have gotten together and agreed that they shall all dress their grade school daughters in floral print leggings and little polka dot (or some other equally jarring pattern) skirts complete with oversized T-shirts. In third grade I was in Cursive Club, learned multiplication, and stayed in class during recesses burrowed in the little classroom book corner reading and writing epic illustrated multi-chapter stories about the adventures of my third-grade class. It was also this year in third grade that I got my first pair of glasses. My padre, after catching me a couple times sneaking his glasses on while he was asleep, told me that if I kept wearing his glasses, my eyes would get bad and that I’d have to wear glasses too. Of course this was exactly what I wanted and was ecstatic when my sneaky hard work paid off with my very own pair: These awesome pentagon-shaped ones colored in smears of pastel pink, blue, and purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some LOVE~ <3