Friday, September 24, 2010

Young Me 5


This year I was halfway through freshman year, the shock and dismay of being rejected by Stanford after being so thoroughly convinced that I was to go there (on what completely deluded basis I know not) having by this time been completely absorbed by the unexpected awesomeness that was the University of California, San Diego. The most awesome factor, however, was most detrimental: the food card (insert angels trumpeting and sparkles sparkling), a prepaid card I could use in any cafeteria at any time to swipe any food I could ever possibly want in extreme excess. I happily bought myself a buffet for every meal and consumed whole pints of ben and jerry ice cream practically in replacement of water. I ate with vengeance all the foods my mama never let me eat for sake of my weight, and stocked my teeny dorm fridge with ice cream I could eat all through the night and also during the five minute walk to the dorm cafeteria to buy more. Them was good times… A time of freedom, a time of wealth in food points, a time of new clothes because for some reason all my old ones done gone and shrunk on me (read: FRESHMAN 30).

2 comments:

  1. You also ate all my food too. My poor food card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHA!!!! freshman 35 for me too!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Show me some LOVE~ <3