Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Quote of the Year.


Usually tidbits of chatter from the boys floating into my space automatically get filtered out as static and float right over my head, but this delicious morsel and shining gem of a quote floated in and stayed. What makes this quote most epic is not that the boy called a laptop a “beautiful machine” (fairly standard word usage within the PC industry), but that he started the sentence with “SHALL I…” instead of “can I” or “may I”, as if the pre-appointed time foretold since the beginning of the age had drawn nigh. This is what happens when you mix a majority of Koreans with a minority of non-koreans; though for the most part the Koreans will ignore the non-koreans, the very very rare times they do graciously decide to extend human interaction to the non-koreans, out of their mouths will come English so strange and so awkward that it completely surpasses the category of broken English and jumps right up into the ranks of awesome-double-rainbows-exploding-quote-of-the-year-English!

2 comments:

  1. I am so pleased with this quote I'm going to write it on my face.



    no, no I'm not I didn't say that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make a greeting card or poster out of this.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some LOVE~ <3