Monday, November 29, 2010

Baby Susan.

Happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone has returned safe and sound from out yonder and are now nicely tucked back into where y’all belong, which in my case is this FREEZING ICE-CHAMBER OF DEATH disguised as an office (shivering under jacket and lap blanket).

While at home, my baby brother made this amazing discovery of a giant blue folder containing everything I considered of utmost value throughout elementary school! It included all my honor roll certificates, soccer team pictures, musical and concert playbills, every card and post-it my third grade teacher ever wrote me, all the epic stories I wrote in third grade on now-frayed and browned paper, and last but not least, a little blue book called “Third grade memories” that our class made at the end of the year.

I present to you from that book, an original Susan Draws by baby Susan circa 1993:



Obviously I was a great deal more confident of a third grader than I remembered myself to be (check out that coy winking action!) and did not yet possess the great pentagon-drawing skeelz (for the pentagon glasses) I possess today after many many years of grueling training (read: doodling throughout my entire educational career). Allow me also to point out how baby Susan painstakingly drew the line-work in the same color as the coloring to be done inside, with skin being drawn in peach marker, then colored in peach crayon. Brilliant!

Perhaps you may be interested to compare it with one I drew recently of baby Susan back in September:

http://susandraws.blogspot.com/2010/09/young-me-1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some LOVE~ <3