Monday, October 17, 2011

Bye J.

J has been planning a six week long vacation to her not-mother-land China for about half a year now and as the day of her departure drew near, friends started to fret for my well-being.



I was not sure why this trip would merit anyone’s concern as it wasn’t the first time J up and jetsetted halfway across the planet for more than a month at a time.



So while everyone else spent the days up to her leave saying mushy things, giving her farewell gifts, buying her meals… I spent most of that time splitting our checks and harping at her to get rid of the evil sweet potato plant in our front yard.

Then yesterday night she left and I found myself with an unexpected and belated sad that I guess everyone but me had seen coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some LOVE~ <3