Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Redux.


Fig. A: Arriving at work on Halloween 2007 in authentic Thailand University uniform.

My first Halloween as a working person fresh from college was merely two weeks after I started, when I was still an impressionable noob and 100% of my knowledge of the office was derived entirely from the US sitcom The Office. I had just discovered the series that summer, and had spent the months after graduation and leading up to employment holed up in my room marathoning the thing. After three seasons of that, I was understatedly excited for Halloween because I thought every office in the world of course went all out for Halloween like they do on TV.

Reality: I ended up the only person dressed up and the mortified target of many a confused stare throughout the entire day.



Reality was harsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some LOVE~ <3