Friday, April 16, 2010

Teddy.


Say hullo to 6 year old Teddy, who chanced upon this magnificent mechanical fish magically shining in all its lacquered glory and deeply desired with his little heart to ride it. Alas, all four of us (useless) adults put together did not have even one quarter, and so Teddy, not one to be defeated by mere circumstance, proceeded to approach every stranger in our immediate vicinity: “Can I have a 50 cents?” weathering rejection after rejection until we could take it no longer and desperately upturned our wallets to collect all the pennies and nickels we had to procure the needed amount. At that point we would have done anything to give Teddy a ride on the fish, and with much glee and obvious delight, ride it he did!

2 comments:

  1. I have been reading and enjoying your drawings and blurbs. You indeed have a captivating style, and I do enjoy those little four panel comics you draw every now and then (the one with the car repair with all the facial expressions though not the greatest experience for you...but that makes great art)

    But color?! I dig the water color feel of it. And I think I understated that...

    Always looking forward to your illustrations.

    D.L.

    p.s. i recommend checking out An Illustrated Life compiled by Danny Gregory. Glimpses into other artist's journals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you D.L!! I looked up that book; What a great compilation! I've always thought sketches give so much more insight into an artist than any finished work can.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some LOVE~ <3